The Camarines Sur Polytechnic Colleges envisions itself as a regional center for educational and technological innovation and utilization through its Research Division by engaging more vigorously in relevant and developmental research, extension and production activities along science and technology and on areas within its resource capabilities, that will harness the development of the community for productivity, self-reliance and the effective utilization of the natural resources within its service area and the region.
To institutionalize and integrate research programs/activities in all academic departments of the College primarily to address the thrusts on quality and excellence, relevance and responsiveness, and efficiency and effectiveness through a functional research program for regional development.
- To chart an institution/individual research capability program.
- To make an inventory of and analyze human and material resources as bases for determining capabilities and needs.
- To formulate priorities/programs in technological research and innovation, anchored on the strategies identified in the Medium Term Development Plan (MTDP), and the Department of Science and Technology (DOST) for energy and food security, entrepreneurship, employment generation and poverty alleviation.
- To establish social mechanism for assuring that research results and outputs reach supposed beneficiaries and end-users.
- To develop strong internal and external linkages.
- To formulate and implement evaluation criteria for appraising Research and Development input and output.
- To undertake research on extension and rural community development for the purpose of discovering ways of accelerating the socio-economic programs and more equitable distribution of wealth in the rural areas.
- To improve the present statistical database for all research thrusts through well-coordinated data banking, monitoring, retrieval, analysis, recording and processing programs.
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
AREAS FOR RESEARCH
- Food and Nutrition
- Engineering Technology
- Socio-Cultural Economics and Community Development
- Education and Development
- Information and Communication Technology
- Health and Medical Science
- Business and Entrepreneurship
- Gender and Development
RESEARCH PROPOSAL REQUIRED FORMAT
- Research Title
- Name of Proponents
- IV. Background of the Study
- Review of Related Literature
- Theoretical Framework
- Conceptual Framework
- Statement of the Problem
- Significance of the Study
- Definition of Terms
- Scope and Delimitation
- Working Bibliography
- Work Plan
- Budgetary Outlay
- Manpower Requirement
- Expected Outputs/Deliverables
- Credentials of Key Personnel involved
GUIDELINES FOR PROPONENTS
- Proposals must be written in short size (8.5 x 11) in white bond paper.
- It should be printed in double-space with 12 point Times New Roman font type.
- Top, bottom and right margins should b 1 inch, and left margin should be 1.5 inches.
- Page numbers should be placed on the upper right hand corner of each page.
- Research proposals should be submitted in 2 sets of copy.
- Research proposals to be submitted (in accordance with the department-approved concept paper) should be duly endorsed by the Dean.